Tuesday, July 11, 2017

My Brain Was Active Today...

Thoughts of Today:

1) "Logan" has forever changed the way I pronounce "North Dakota" in my head forever.

2) I'm still waiting for an economic downturn large enough to cause a mass layoff of professional athletes and film actors.

3) I need a right-brain job in which I work with project/assignment deadlines rather than customers.

4) It's amazing how much veggies can leave one feeling dehydrated.

5) Every time a self-identifying Christian quotes "an eye for an eye," I want to hit them over the head with a large slab of marble etched with "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU".

6) The Marvel logo gets cooler with each succeeding film.

7) Whenever I start to introspect about my personal psychological development, I become incapable of being productive at work.

8) You know you shouldn't work customer service when the phone rings and you want to answer it with "LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!"

9) You will never be [X-quality] enough for someone in your life.

10) Anime theme songs are like musical meth.

11) "You're a/an [X], so your opinion doesn't count" is why we need feminism.

12) Apparently, there is an organization in California dedicated to protecting the rights of retirees. Their slogan? "Protect Our Pensions"

13) New content addition for a high school Life Skills class: How to end a phone conversation in a non-awkward manner.

14) Rest in peace, Joan Lee. May you watch over your husband for all the years we have left with him.
In other news, does anyone else think Stan Lee will be the last surviving World War II veteran? The dude is 94, and gets around like he's in his 60s.

15) The Who's "Baba O'Reilly" heard through a single earbud is TRIPPY.

16) When you work in a call center but don't want to interact with people, butt-dials are your best friend.

17) I learned the hard way from an early age that I was not in control, and I don't think I've ever truly gained it.

18) Never underestimate the potential impact of an offhand ad hominem.

No comments:

Post a Comment