Saturday, May 1, 2010

Waiting Up

It's kinda weird.

My wife spent so much time looking for a job that I got into a rhythm, which involved her always being at home when I was.

Now that she has a job (waitress), she's out late at night (downtown no less)...and I feel lonely for the first time in probably a decade or more.

Today she had to be at work at 11 AM...and 12 1/2 hours later is still working.
In contrast, I had to be at work at noon, and finished at 5 PM.

In the long run it'll be good, both of us bringing in money, and on the financial side could greatly reduce our stress.

But I wonder how much time with each other we'll lose when she's getting home dead tired in the wee hours of the morning night after night, and I sit at home bored, restless, and lonely night after night.

Tonight I'll force myself to stay awake long enough for her to get home, even if that requires a second trip to Wal-Mart and a case of VAULT.


Oh, and just to clarify my moping:
We've been in a two-income situation before, but she worked set hours (kinda hard as a waitress), so we always knew when we'd be able to spend time together.

I hope our marriage doesn't suffer as a result, no matter how much money we earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment